Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Makeup Artist Mind Reading - What I think but don't say when I'm applying makeup


1) I wish she would stop looking in the mirror the whole time - I don’t want her to see the progress, just the transformation!
2) Wow, great lashes!
3) Her eyes would POP so much if I got her to wear her green shadow! Persuasion time!
4) Please stop flinching…
5) Oooops! (We never say that out loud, but yes, sometimes we do think it!)
6) It is amazing how models transform with makeup, you either have a face that’s meant to wear it, or you look best with an absolute minimum
7) She has naturally gorgeous colored lips - I need to mix a shade that matches hers exactly.

8) Where did all the sponges go…?
9) Ta da - I am a genius! (Hahaha yep – sometimes it turns out good!)
10) Ok 1 hour and 15 models, this will be interesting…
11) Actually, yes – you do need to wear foundation…
12) Where is the light, where is the light?
13) Relax your lips
14) Did that model just go into the bathroom and change the lipstick, again?
15) Wow, a bunch of beautiful, unpainted faces – where can I set up!?
16) Not quite there yet… I never send someone off before its perfection in my eyes.
17) This calls for faux lashes!

18) Oh just trust me, I know what I am doing!
19) Can I get away with rhinestones and gold flakes here? At least a little glitter….
20) OK so, frame eyes without framing, color in without coloring, lift without lifting, it’s all an illusion
21) I love makeup!
22) There is no better feeling then giving a girl a proper confidence boost, making her look and feel gorgeous!
23) I don’t care what anyone says, makeup is art!

xxx
Sara

1 comment:

  1. Haha, this would so be me: "4) Please stop flinching…"

    ReplyDelete