Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Sunrise to Sunset
Dear fellow makeup lovers!
Ever wondered how to get from drab to fab? From the office to a party without missing a beat, from coffee with the girls to a fancy dinner? I am talking about how to get from day to night with minimum effort... What are some of the key things to really glam it up in a matter of minutes? Below I give you a few tips on makeup products that really lift the face and get you party ready, touches that add that icing on the cake and make a true difference to the face. Hope you will implement and enjoy!
1) Crème foundation: this is my secret weapon for a quick touch up – if the formula is good enough it works as a concealer and skin base in one and using a nice sponge and quick dabbing motions you will have erased dark circles and have your skin looking back to flawless in seconds. Note: does not work if you have been wearing lots of powder before hand, then you might as well start over. We are developing an amazing crème foundation for POP – in the meantime, try Pixi’s Vitamin Veil – it is amazing and looks just like skin!
2) Liquid liner: frames your eyes and makes them look sharp and “clean cut”. A liquid liner is no doubt an evening staple for me, make sure to apply lots of mascara with it! POP’s My One Liner is your best bet, trust me. I have tried them all and it is truly is my no 1! No smudge no flake, just pure eye perfection!
3) Faux lashes....Need I say more? Nothing takes you from day to night with a flirty flutter like a pair of falsies. Try the collection, Dressed Up Lashes for nights on the town, Icons for full on glamour and Fantasy Lashes for “before fashion” moments and stage. Should be a lash for each one of us!
4) A deep lip. If you have no time to do anything else, opt for that perfect red or bright berry lipstick to take you from office to party. It will brighten your face, add some drama and make you look party ready in no time at all!
5) Highlight properly. A soft nude or even bright white eyeliner “cleans up” the rest of the makeup and puts focus where focus should be. Apply on top of cheek and brow bones to open up those peepers and sculpt and sharpen those cheek bones, you will be surprised at the effect, it really works!
From daytime to playtime – in no time! Enjoy!
With love as always,